THE CONSTITUTION OF LAKE OF THE PINES FIREBELLES
Revised September 2018
This Club shall be known as the Lake of the Pines Firebelles. (Any reference to the Club in the following will mean the Firebelles).
Section 1. The objectives of the Club are:
- to foster, encourage and promote involvement in the Lake of the Pines community.
- to contribute exclusively to the enhancement, security, and maintenance of Lake of the Pines by sponsoring various fund-raising activities. All profits from these activities are to be retained in a bank account until such time as the membership approves necessary expenditures for club expenses or improvements and improvements to Lake of the Pines.
Section 2. This Club shall be operated exclusively for the purposes set forth in Section 1 of this Article, and no part of its net earnings shall be for the benefit of any of its members.
Section 1. Membership is open to all women who reside at Lake of the Pines and must be accompanied by the membership dues. Each member must abide by this Constitution and Bylaws, and all amendments thereto, and all rules and regulations of the Club.
Section 2. Dues are payable by the first meeting in September of each year in order to have member name appear in Firebelles directory. Only members in good standing are entitled to vote at the meetings.
Section 3. Dues may be changed provided the change is presented at a regular business meeting and accepted at the next regular business meeting by a vote of the majority of members in attendance. The proposed change shall be posted to the website for 28 days prior to the meeting. The change shall also be communicated to the membership by email or US mail, as appropriate.
Section 1. Regular meetings of the Club:
- shall be held on the third Thursday of the month. At any such meeting any member of the Club in good standing may participate in the proceedings thereof and vote.
- shall not be held during the months of July and August.
- may be held on a different day, or omitted, at the discretion of the Executive Board.
Section 2. Special meetings of the Firebelles may be held at the discretion of the Executive Board provided notice thereof is posted on the LOP electronic signboard at the Clubhouse, by email or by other communication, as appropriate, for at least seven days prior to the date of such meeting or by notification of members by the Telephone committee.
Section 3. The Club Fiscal Year is identified as July 1 through June 30.
BYLAWS TO THE CONSTITUTION OF LAKE OF THE PINES FIREBELLES
Approved October 2018
Section 1. Officers of the Club shall consist of a President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Their duties shall be as follows:
- The President shall:
- preside at all meetings.
- appoint a Parliamentarian.
- appoint all committee chairpersons.
- vote in case of a tie.
- act as liaison between the Lake of the Pines Association and the Firebelles.
- call special meetings.
- appoint an auditor to audit the Treasurer’s books within 30 days following the annual June meeting.
- be ex-officio member of all committees with the exception of the Nominating Committee.
- The First Vice President shall:
- assist the President and assume her duties in her absence.
- provide the entertainment program for regular meetings with the approval of the Executive Board.
- The Second Vice President shall:
- assist the President and preside in the absence of both the President and the First Vice President.
- serve as Ways and Means chairperson.
- keep and maintain a file of reports on all Fundraising activities.
- The Secretary shall:
- record minutes of all Board and General Membership meetings and communicate same at next appropriate meeting.
- provide the President with a copy of the minutes within a reasonable period after each meeting.
- process all correspondence as directed by the President.
- post notices as directed by the President.
- The Treasurer shall:
- receive and deposit all monies belonging to the Club.
- pay bills as authorized.
- require two signatures (Treasurer/President/First Vice President) on all checks drawn on the Firebelles’ accounts.
- keep financial records and report on same at each meeting, providing the President and Secretary with a copy of the reports.
- require and retain receipts for all monies disbursed, as well as provide documentation for all monies received.
- donations not exceeding $500 require the approval of the Executive Board. All donations exceeding $500 require approval of Executive Board and a majority of the General Membership present at the monthly meeting at time the proposal is made.
- The Parliamentarian shall:
- be appointed by the Presiding President
- guide the Executive Board and membership in the correct procedures according to our Constitution and Bylaws.
- use the Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised, as the guidelines.
- be a member of the board but not a voting member.
Section 1. The Executive Board shall consist of the five (5) officers plus the Parliamentarian. Only officers shall have voting rights. A quorum consists of three (3) officers.
Section 2. A meeting of the Executive Board shall be held prior to each regular meeting to discuss and outline the forthcoming events and policies to be presented at the regular meetings. Pertinent items from this meeting will be presented to the general membership.
Section 3. If an officer is absent from more than three (3) Executive Board meetings without approval, that office shall be declared vacant. The President shall, with the ratification of Executive Board, appoint a successor to complete the unexpired term.
Section 4. In the event of the resignation of any officer, or the termination of her membership, except for the President, her successor shall be appointed by the President and ratified by the Executive Board to fill out the unexpired term. If for any reason the President cannot complete her term, the First Vice President shall serve for the duration of the unexpired term.
Section 1. At the February meeting, the President shall appoint a committee of three (3) members to nominate candidates for the respective offices provided for in Section 3 of this Article. The Nominating Committee shall post at the Clubhouse the slate of officers prior to the end of April. It shall be the responsibility of the Nominating Committee to obtain the acceptance of those nominated.
Section 2. Nominations may be made from the floor provided nominees have given their consent.
Section 3. On the third Thursday of May the members of the Club shall elect a President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. New officers shall be installed and assume their duties at the close of the annual meeting in June.
Section 1. The Standing Committees and their duties shall be:
- Membership Chairperson shall recruit and welcome new members; maintain a current file of all members, with addresses, emails and telephone numbers; collect dues, give receipts for cash, and submit all monies to the Treasurer.
- Publicity Chairperson shall report news of the Club activities to the Lake of the Pines media.
- Historian shall maintain a scrapbook of Club activities, pictures, and newspaper articles, and a written record of the Club. The scrapbook shall be turned over to the new President at the annual meeting. The Executive Board shall budget the amount to be spent in maintaining the scrapbook each year.
- Sunshine Chairperson shall send cards to bereaved members as well as those who are ill. Cards and postage shall be financed from the Club treasury.
- Communications Committee (including by phone and email) shall contact members prior to regular meetings to make reservations and/or to convey any special information of a timely nature.
- Donations Chairperson shall act as liaison between the Firebelles President and the LOP General Manager, LOP Board of Directors or other sanctioned club representatives in the course of researching donation requests to be brought before the Firebelles Executive Board for review and discussion.
- Webmaster shall maintain Firebelles.com website as needed and publish all upcoming luncheons and fundraiser events.
- All chairpersons of the Standing Committees listed in Section 1 are responsible to the President.
- All chairpersons shall turn over all committee documentation to the newly appointed chairperson at the end of their term.
Section 1. The Special Committees responsible to the First Vice President shall be Table Decorations, Luncheon, Luncheon Reservations, Luncheon Hostesses.
Section 2. The Special Committees responsible to the Second Vice President shall be all fundraising activities.
Section 3. The Special Committees may be added/deleted at the discretion of the Executive Board.
Section 1. Robert’s Rules of Order Revised shall govern the proceedings of all meetings of the Lake of the Pines Firebelles when not inconsistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Club.
Section 2. The regular order of business of the meeting shall be as follows:
Call to Order
Welcoming guests and new members
Minutes of last meeting(s)
First Vice President’s Report
Second Vice President’s Report
Standing Committee Reports
Other committee reports when pertinent
Section 3. The Executive Board may change any order of business it considers necessary for the benefit of the Club’s general membership meeting.
Section 1. Any and all amendments may be adopted at any business meeting by a majority vote of the members in attendance, provided notice is proposed at a regular business meeting and posted to the Firebelles website for 28 days prior to voting. The change shall be communicated to the membership by email or US mail, as appropriate. Voting on amendments shall become effective immediately on adoption of same, unless the motion to adopt specifies an elective date.
Section 1. Twenty percent (20) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for transacting business of the Club.
Section 1. All members of the Lake of the Pines Firebelles shall be respectful of each other and LOP employees, as pertains to the Lake of the Pines CC&Rs.
STANDING RULES OF LAKE OF THE PINES FIREBELLES
Approved June 2018
- A “Super Firebelle” plaque shall be hung in the Clubhouse foyer. The award shall be given only when a Firebelle has performed in a manner considered to be beyond all expectations. It is not mandatory that this award be given annually.
- A table may be saved for friends at luncheon meetings if the following criteria are followed: A card, provided by a hostess, shall be placed at each table setting with the name of the attendee clearly visible. Cards cannot be placed on tables before the doors open for everyone.
- No advertising will be allowed at any activity of the Firebelles. Advertising may be placed in membership booklets, follies programs, home tour programs or any like promotion if the product is paid for by the company being advertised.
- When there is reserved seating at a Firebelles fundraising event, advanced ticket sales will be determined by the Event Chair.
- Any use of the Firebelles membership roster for solicitation or commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.